Tuesday 22 January 2013

Fish Pie - 15pp (Weight Watchers Friendly Recipe)

I quite often buy ready made fish pies - for 2 reasons; firstly, my husband doesn't like fish so I only eat one portion at a time and secondly, although I like the taste of fish, I'm not too keen on the smell when I cook it from scratch. Nonetheless, I thought I would give it a go. The fish pie I usually buy works out to 12pp, to make a slightly bigger one from scratch at 15pp per portion is not bad as far as I'm concerned! It was really creamy too which was a bonus.



The recipe makes two portions and will feed me for 2 days :)


Ingredients (Serves 2)
300g mixed fish pieces - cod, smoked haddock and salmon (I used a bag of frozen fish pie mix)
100g cooked king prawns
400g frozen carrot, swede and mashed potato (you could, of course, make your own mash and point accordingly)
500ml skimmed milk
180g Philadelphia Extra Light
30g Parmesan Cheese
Frozen Spinach (I used 4 blocks)
Salt, Pepper, Oregano
1 teaspoon cornflour

Preheat the oven to 180ÂșC

Weight Watchers Notes - points per serving are as follows: Fish - 4pp, prawns - 1pp, 200g carrot, swede and potato mash - 4pp, 90g Phili EL - 3pp, 100ml skimmed milk - 1pp (some of the milk in the recipe is discarded), 15g parmesan - 2pp, 1/2 tsp cornflour - 0pp. Total 15pp

Method

1. Make up your mash according to the packet instructions. Once warmed, I added a teaspoon of wholegrain mustard, though I'm not sure it's technically a good match for fish.. I just like it!

2. Gently heat 500ml skimmed milk in a pan and poach the fish and prawns until the fish is cooked though and flaking. Drain the fish but retain 200ml of the fish infused milk. Spread the fish evenly between two oven dishes.


3. Return 200ml of the fish infused milk to a pan and add the philadelphia; whisk. In a small bowl combine the cornflour with a tablespoon of the milk/cheese mixture. Once combined, add this to the pan to thicken the sauce. Add 20g parmesan, salt, pepper and some oregano to taste and combine.

4. Add a few blocks of frozen spinach to the fish and pour over the sauce, dividing equally between the two oven dishes. Top with the mashed potato and finish each dish off with an additional 5g parmesan cheese (1 tsp) sprinkled over the top.
 





5. Put the pies in the oven for around 15 minutes or until golden brown.

NB. I made two and kept one for the following day. I covered the dish and stored it in the fridge and then put it in the oven for around 30 minutes, just to make sure it was heated through the next day.

No comments:

Post a Comment